Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finally working with Tina's Kids

Nov 30, 2008
I met with Tina’s group of kids in Kuta this morning to inform them about the project and leave the cameras with their kids for a few days. I met all the kids and the staff; Scott, Jenny & Jason. Very well organized group and some very happy little faces over here! Great to hear some of the turn-around stories for some of these kids that were abandoned, abused and physically/mentally broken-down.
The group invited me to head off to a nice surf beach with all of them, so I piled into the truck with the kids who sang most of the way there. We arrived at this beautiful, remote beach where development has not, but will soon take over. I helped the kids (three boys, three girls) use the cameras while I took pictures of them doing so. Jason was nice enough to give me a ride home on his motorcycle and gave me some antibiotics to kick the flu I caught. All in all, a great day and a great group of people!!

No comments: