Monday, December 22, 2008

Reflecting on Bali

Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008
To: Dan Yeager

Hello Dan, It took a few days to feel like I was really home and a couple weeks to setlle in. It was great to get back to my family! I was right back in the frying pan at work and all the holiday stuff going on this time of year. Bali was quite an adventure and all about making a lot of new friends. Many people here ask how this trip was as they often do after I take similar photo adventures (for myself). This was so different, it gave me a lot of perspective about helping people in need and that we take a lot for granted. I have a better understanding of people here and abroad, the "have" and "have-not's". To sum it up in one word.... humbling. Thanks again for all your assistance and greasing of the skids prior to my arrival.... it made it all run smoother.

It's great to hear that the cameras are still making a "lasting impression" and are being continually used, many thanks to all. Indra has sent me many great images from the kids cameras directly, (see attached). He really took a liking to using my smaller camera, so I'll look into trying to get one and ship it back to him. We'll also need to coordinate the fab / import of the custom wood carved frames from Ubud for my exhibits leading up to the May finalle. I'll pass along that contact info. I'm meeting with Anne, Steve and the AHFC web designers next week, so that will allow me some time to sort through the many images , audio & video.

I again have to express my thanks to everybody who supported the project to date, there is a lot more work to be done! I'll keep you posted, until then Happy Holidays to you and yours!

No comments: